1 Day Knife Making Classes Japanese Hidden Tang - Brisbane
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: West Ipswich, QLD
- Product code: PFLWV1
In this class, we make a stainless steel Japanese Nakari or Gyuto with a hidden tang & pre-heat treated steel. The handle on this knife is a pre-made Japanese, wooden WA handle - similar to in the photos.
This is a classic Japanese styled blade & handle
This is a variation of the 1 Day knife making class where we make a (full-tang, stainless steel, blade with a resin handle).
We go over the whole process of making the knife together and I will also go into details on heat treating the stainless steel.
Things we cover in our classes -
- The whole knife-building process from start to finish
- Knife Designing Theory
- Shaping the knife
- Heat-treating specialty stainless steels
- Hand grinding techniques on the 2x72 grinder
- How to prepare a knife for hand sanding
- Hand sanding your blade to get a perfect satin finish
- Time management
- Knife instruction and care
- How to advertise yourself and your product
- How to take photos of your products to get the most interest
- How to price your products
- Workshop safety and OHS
- Machine finishing knife style
- Going through the recommended tools to begin the hobby of knife making
You also keep the knives you make in the class - valued at $500!
We're conveniently located in Ipswich 4305. Classes can be booked on weekdays or weekends.
If you have any questions or need a custom date not listed please give me a call at 0420555606.
++ Please Note++ Please checkout with the calendar below as it will auto-lock you into the dates you select.
If you're wanting to pay with AfterPay, please add to cart at the top of the page and check out this way, then message me and I will manually create the booking for you.