Beginner Blacksmith Blade Classes - Brisbane
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: West Ipswich, QLD
- Product code: PSLU4L
Come for an afternoon out and learn the ancient art of Blacksmthing.
Beginner Blacksmith Blade Class will give you all the basic tips, tricks and techniques to get into blacksmithing at home. We will forge out a blacksmith blade, heat treat, grind bevels, add a machine finish, and then we finish it off with sharpening.
Things we cover in our classes -
- The whole Blacksmith knife building process from start to finish
- Hammer Techniques
- Forging Techniques
- Designing a knife
- Shaping the knife
- Heat treating carbon steel in the gas forge
- Hand grinding techniques on the 2x72 grinder
- Time management
- Knife instruction and care
- How to advertise yourself and your product
- How to take photos of your products to get the most interest
- How to price your products
- Workshop safety and OHS
- Machine finishing knife style
- Going through the recommended tools to begin the hobby of knife making
This class is beginner-friendly, no experience is required. This class is great for solos or groups and is a perfect gift for a friend or loved one.
Come learn the ancient art of Blacksmithing!
We also now offer free engraving on all class knives. Want your initials? Want it to be a gift and have a phrase? We can do it all for you!
You also keep the knives you make in the class - valued at $420!
We're conveniently located in Ipswich 4305. Classes can be booked on weekdays or weekends.
If you have any questions or need a custom date not listed please give me a call 0420555606
++ Please Note++ Please checkout with the calendar below as it will auto lock you into the dates you select.
If you're wanting to pay with AfterPay, please add to cart at the top of the page and checkout this way, then message me and I will manually create the booking for you.